Monday, February 22, 2010

New Beginnings

It’s almost spring, and my world is filled with new beginnings. For one thing, I’ve started this blog. It seems a small, trifle thing, but the more I think about it, the more excited I become. I want to create, share, and venture further out into this world – even when I’m not able to leave my own little couch.

Which leads me to another beginning. My new writing “table.” My husband’s generous mother passed along this lovely antique chest that now sits in our living room. It’s amazing how much space (not literal square footage, but metaphorical, emotional influence) one piece of furniture can occupy. It really changes our entire room and whispers of an older world, one without the hustle and bustle; one with adventure and journeying; one with new sights and sounds; one without internet, certainly, but with just as much (or possibly more) connection to others.

And more? A new (actually old) sewing machine to be used in many new, crafty ways. I’ve been reading Anna Maria Horner’s blog, which has inspired me in more than a few ways to begin creating anything and everything. My machine is patiently waiting new hands (mine) to revitalize it and bring life and beauty again. So…I’m off to sew.


Enjoy the possibility of new beginnings,
Megan

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I applaud you! The chest looks fantastic--can't wait to visit it.

Post a Comment