Monday, June 3, 2013

A Life Well Lived, part 1

Lately, I've been reading The Daily Connoisseur, especially the posts entitled "Comme les Francais." My sister-in-law turned me onto this lovely blog because the blogger, Jennifer, writes at length about the ten item wardrobe. (That alone makes it a worthwhile read because it is a revolutionary idea for Americans, I think!)

Anyway, she writes a lot about how the French live well. Because I am a fool for anything European, I was immediately drawn in. And it got me thinking: What does it mean to live well?

My Mother's Day tree in full bloom on a rainy evening.
Because, often, I read what someone else is doing (the French, in this case), convince myself that it is "right," and then try to emulate it. Of course, this never really works, the main reason being that I am not French; I grew up in the middle of the USA. I am American, through and through, so just trying to "be" French will never work. (Obvious, I know, but still I try.)

So, maybe the question is: What does it mean to live well to me?

And you?


0 comments:

Post a Comment