Saturday, February 25, 2012

Lent


For the first time, I'm actively engaging in the season of Lent. My husband decided to give up computer use at home, which got me thinking...
about my time
about my habits
about my Bible study
about my conviction

And I knew it was right for me to join him in giving up and giving over, in this time of preparation. So here I am giving up Hulu for Lent. Reminding myself daily that what I fill my mind - my life - with is important. Remembering that being intentional with my God, with my husband, with my son is more important than the characters on my favorite shows.

Because it's not just about my time. Or my energy (or the lack thereof). It's about my heart. He is making my heart a garden. For Him. For His glory.

And in Hulu's place there is to be...
worship
prayer
Scripture
creativity
BEAUTY.

Watch. Listen. Enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment