Thursday, June 10, 2010

It's a...

CELEBRATION! Kelby, my wonderful husband, and I have been married four years today! I can't imagine life without him. So, here's a few things that I love about him four years in...

I LOVE that Kelby has a servant's heart. He's always volunteering to help anyone that he sees with a need. He truly is full of compassion, which comes straight from Jesus.

I LOVE that Kelby is a man after God's own heart. He desires a deep, full, and wide relationship with God. He loves God and is fully devoted to seeking Jesus.

I LOVE that Kelby makes me laugh. He's not afraid to be silly with me, and we love having fun together.



I LOVE that Kelby likes to create. He builds things (a yurt, a mirror for our bedroom, a fence for his sister, and the list goes on) and designs things (our yard, our garden) beautifully. He really makes things beautiful because he's patterned in God's own image.

I LOVE that Kelby is my best friend. I know that he'll listen attentively when I talk to him. I know that he'll look out for my needs. And I know that he'll take me on adventures with him whenever, where ever.

I LOVE that Kelby is adventurous. Actually, this trait freaked me out a bit when we first were together because I'm such a planner, but I've so grown to love it. I'm impressed by his free and laid back spirit. I really appreciate that he's willing to go, to find, to explore, to journey.

I LOVE that Kelby is a provider. He provides in big ways constantly. He's is so encouraging of me when I want to follow my dreams, and he supports even the littlest whim. But he also takes care of me on a minute level, bringing me tea in bed, covering me with blankets, etc.

I LOVE that Kelby desires to be a father. It's beautiful to watch my husband with small children because he so has our Father's heart. I can't wait to be able to share in the joy that children will bring him one day.

I LOVE that Kelby makes me feel beautiful. He's always giving me words of affirmation, holding my hand, and generally being so in love that I can't help swooning!

I LOVE that Kelby loves family. He won't pass up a chance at being with one or our families. Since we're so close, that means the world to me.

And a silly one, I LOVE that Kelby reads. This has not always been the case. But now he really enjoys reading, and (being the English teacher that I am) I love it.



What are you celebrating today?

0 comments:

Post a Comment